Often the most underestimated and misunderstood management technique for managers and supervisors to get to grips with. Management is influenced by individual personality; this course will identify what your preferred management style is.
You will learn how motivation and delegation interconnect, the course will give you tools to effectively delegate and motivate your teams with confidence.
The course covers the following subjects:
- Concepts of and connections between motivation and delegation
- Motivating people and delegate without micro-managing or relinquishing responsibility
- Positive versus Negative Motivation and how they reflect Management Styles
- Common Motivators and De-Motivators
- Popular Motivation Theories
- Delegation by default
- Part of delegation is checking, Monitoring Progress and Effort
- Why Delegate
- Identifying the risk of delegation
Who is the course aimed at?
Managers, supervisors and team leaders with responsibility leading teams, those who are on a development program.
How is it delivered?
The course is interactive and delivered using practical individual and group exercises and case study analysis.
Delegates are encouraged to discuss their own experiences.
What are the benefits?
Effective delegation frees the manager to focus on leadership or managerial tasks. Subordinates benefit from the development activities and increased confidence. Overheads are reduced.
Delegates should be prepared to attend the course for approximately eight hours, including breaks; this can be run as a stand-alone course or as part of an on-going development program.